Wednesday, February 3

The Mattresses are Here!

I got the email this afternoon from FedEx: two 36lb packages had been left at my door. And when I got home tonight, sure enough. My mattresses had arrived.

I think I've mentioned that one of my exciting plans is to build bunk beds for my foster kid(s). Although I don't intend to launch into multi-kid parenting at first, I want to be open to future expansion. :-) I spent weeks shopping for bunk beds, and across the board was unimpressed with both price and design. I finally decided I was being stupid-- I love building things, and seriously... bunk beds? Talk about exciting possibilities. Well, the first step was to acquire the proper mattresses, and after some searching, I found a great deal online for the right size mattresses in vinyl, which will be harder to damage and easier to keep clean as kids potentially come and go.

But I can't express how excited I am! I think it's because this is the first tangible evidence of my foster care adventure. Thus, in honor of the occasion, I've got one mattress lying on the floor in my living room-- and that's where I'm camping out tonight!

Here's looking forward to Saturday, when I begin bunk bed frame design...

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! It's that very child-like excitement that will most likely bring joy to every child that crosses your doorstep! :o)

    ReplyDelete