Monday, January 18

The Latest

Look at this... only a few weeks into my blogging adventure, and already doing poorly at keeping it updated! I fully intend to come back soon and record the rest of my thoughts on "Why Foster Care?" but for right now, I just want to share what's coming up in the very near future.

In short: nothing. :-) I'm in a bit of a holding pattern at present as the agency I will be working with has not yet set a date for training to begin. This training (called PRIDE) is my next step in the process, and it sounds like that will take 2-3 months. Hopefully they'll get it scheduled soon, and when they do, I'll share it here.

Meanwhile, it gives me time to tie up other loose ends... those things that make a home unfit for habitation by anyone but a bachelor! I've got to finish recaulking the tub, and I'm actually within sight of finishing all the painting I began over four years ago. I'm also eagerly awaiting delivery of the mattresses for the bunk bed I'm building. No worries, I have no plans to take more than one child at a time to start with... but I like the idea of being open in the future. And besides, bunk beds are still cool even if you're the only one in the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment