Thursday, March 25

T-minus 24 hours... and counting!

That's right, a mere 24 hours away-- 10am tomorrow, Friday-- my homestudy will begin. A team of foster care professionals will arrive at my home for the white glove inspection, launch extensive background checks, and in general begin grading my value as a human being on a scale of 1 to 10.

Or at least, that's how it has sorta felt, as I anticipated tomorrow. In truth, it'll be just one guy, and we'll sit down and have a good talk about why I want to open my home... and whether I'm really prepared to do so. He'll be studying me, and he will in fact take a look at the place and make recommendations about necessary changes.

I'm excited and scared, but as the hour approaches, the "excited" is beginning to outweigh the "scared." God led me to this point, and even if they ultimately reject me as a candidate, I know I've done what God wants. Besides, I realize that they're not looking for a pristine palace. They're looking for a home.

Just a few things left to do. The bunk beds are done, and I promise I'll post photos later! Otherwise, I need to hang some fire extinguishers, frame and hang the fire escape plans, finish decorating the kids' room, and move out all of the home repair tools that tend to collect in my coat closet. It will be a busy day... but I took it off as a vacation day!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I found your blog and read yesterday's post at exactly 10am on Friday! God Bless you, Bob. I pray all goes well and I look forward to hearing all about what comes next. ;)

    ReplyDelete