Saturday, March 27

Home Study

As scheduled, my home study began yesterday at 10am. I needn't have worried! We spent maybe 20-30 minutes walking around the house talking, and it was very reasonable. After that, the worker allowed me to ask questions as long as I liked-- we ended up chatting more than 3 hours!

This is just the start of the study, of course, and there will be many more visits; I also have a stack of papers to fill out as well as some self-evaluatory writing assignments. But before leaving, the worker expressed that he foresaw no issues with my opening the home to foster kids.

Woohoo!

And now, without further ado, some photos of my finally-finished boys' bedroom. As you can see, I've plastered the walls with posters, and I've got plenty more to choose from to match a particular kid's taste.


Here's the bunkbed I built and finally finished staining and sanding. I've currently got Transformers sheets on the bottom and Dragon sheets on the top, and of course I've also got some sets of plain blue sheets on-hand for the older boys. At this point, all I really have left to do in there is acquire a couple chairs for deskwork.

Finally, just because I think it's hilarious, here's another shot. Safety first!!

1 comment:

  1. The room looks GREAT Bob! Love the Monsters Inc poster! :o)

    ReplyDelete