I've always found it rather amusing that, for someone with a degree in computer science (and now a job in software development), I usually stay a ways behind my friends and family on the technology adoption curve. I was a latecomer to cell phones, text messaging, and Facebook, and I have no intention of ever buying into iPhone or Blu-ray. And here I am, finally, starting my own blog. But I maintain the excuse that I never had anything worth talking about on a frequent basis. That has now changed.
If you haven't yet heard, I've begun the process of becoming a foster parent here in West Virginia. Since I love to write, Kelly Thompson at Frameworks (who has been a great source of information on foster care and adoption) has suggested I maintain a blog about my experiences. Obviously I've decided to take her up on that.
I'll leave it at that for now. One of my great weaknesses is extreme verbosity, and for this venture I'm going to strive hard to keep my posts short (short by Bob-standards, at least). Over the next couple weeks, I will share more about what God's been doing in my life that led me to this decision, about my excitement and fears, and of course about what I've learned in my reading and discussions with professionals working in this arena. I hope you'll follow along and share your thoughts too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteBob you are going to be a great foster parent.
Beth and I will praying!!
Ted
As one who is far ahead of you on the technology adoption curve, thanks for including me in this adventure. I promise to do my very best to actually access your blog and then to comment on it. This is my first go at it....
ReplyDeleteStacy
I commend you, my friend Bob, for pursuing that which God has put in your heart to do.
ReplyDeleteWe'll be praying for Bob. Good stuff, and you'll do great.
ReplyDeleteJeremy Hunt
How Cool!! "Foster Bob" has a nice ring to it! I look forward to reading about and praying with you through your journey! :o)
ReplyDeleteBob you are truly an inspiration. Especially as I am very "put out" with my own children tonight. I think sometimes as a parent I forget how people may view me when I interact with my kids. I dearly love them, but on occasion I wonder why God allowed me to have them. Why He thought I could do this?? But then when they are sweet and kind and do the right thing I realize that God feels the same way about me. When I am sweet and kind and following his path it pleases HIM. However, when I disobey and act ugly HE gets "put out" with me. I say all that because I believe you will make a GREAT "Foster Bob". Any child would be happy to have you even for a small amount of time.
ReplyDeleteLove you lots Laurie